(*I was so tired by the time I posted this last night that I was literally falling asleep at my computer! I have added a few more pictures this morning.)
A bajillion thanks to Rebecca and everyone who left tips and advice today! They were all so helpful!
A bajillion thanks to Rebecca and everyone who left tips and advice today! They were all so helpful!
We spent the day shopping. I thought it would take an hour, it took FIVE, yet it was one of the best days we've had in eons!
May 15, 2010
aka our last weekend without our children
Before getting out of bed....
First thought, eyes not yet open - THREE DAYS!!
Second thought - early bird gets the worm!! Let's go shopping!!
Third thought -this is our last Saturday at home without them = big ugly cry #1
Mama, is that a happy cry? I sure hope so!
Ugh, gonna miss our furry children!
Coffee, finally, thank goodness!
Grande, skim, half-cafe, two-pump, no whip, mocha...
What? You didn't actually think I was low maintenance, did you?
Oh my goodness, tiny shoes!!!
Happy cry number 4 and it's only 10 AM (happy cries 2 and 3 were the result of reading Rebecca's Invitation to this blog shower!)
Toys for orphans on bottom.
Toy for husband, ehem, I mean the boys, on top!

Don't think I have to explain this one...
A cupcake truck at Old Navy! Whaa? If only I hadn't just eaten lunch!!
Removing tags from jammies!
Cutest little shirts I've ever seen!
Donations - before...
Donations - after!
Once we took all the diapers and wipes out of their cardboard boxes things fit surprisingly well into these two bags. The total weight of the two bags combined is 50 lbs so if we need to consolidate them into one huge bag we can.
Ahhhh, what a day!
We still have lots more to do but progress was definitely made.
Thanks again for all the words of wisdom. SO helpful!!
Come back tomorrow to leave more of your sage advice!! There's another giveaway too!!!















I cannot believe you fit all of that stuff into those two bags ... holy incredible!!! And now I really want to move next door- how cute is that coffee shop???
ReplyDeleteNo kidding! How in the world did you fit all that into those bags? Aren't those little clothes so fun?!
ReplyDeleteLove the shot of Mark at the store and the other of your checklist. That pretty much sums it up! Wishing you a final wrap today with many hopes that you do in fact enjoy a pre-travel pamper day tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteI love the thought of this being your last weekend without the boys. Thank God for next weekend! Over the moon excited for you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a day! It's amazing what a deadline can do for you, huh?
ReplyDeleteI am covered in goosebumps! I love you both. Oh and seriously - Mark is a sport! xoxo AOE
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed! 1. at your list and 2. that you fit all that into 2 bags! I have some teenage (can't believe they are that old) friends who are twins. When they were little one was blue and the other green. So, lunch boxes, backpacks, etc., etc. They matched, but each boy had his own color. :-) Your cute little shirts made me remember that!
ReplyDeleteI'm all goosepimply for you!! what a magical time...just the two of you with all your energies focused towards your trip and your boys ~not that that is really new...1 crucial difference being that it is happening in 2 days!!!! holy smokes!
ReplyDeleteI love your amazing packing job! mental note taken...no cardboard boxes! Brilliant and oh so simple.
have fun tomorrow!
Those soft blocks are the best!!! We have them and as I was putting them away this morning I was thinking they would be a great for the boys. But figures, you guys already have that covered ;-)
ReplyDeletexoxoxo
Auntie Lori
Only a few more days til you're off to meet your boys. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post what to do, what not to do, and where to go...it is so incredibly helpful to those of us waiting to travel! Safe travels!! I can't wait for the family of 4 updates.
ReplyDeleteGoodness - it seems like only 10 minutes ago that we were trying to stuff donations into a duffel!!! And now our daughter (daughter - I LOVE that word) is sleeping upstairs.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy every minute of the trip. And go to Tomoco for a macchiato ASAP. We didn't discover this gem until Sunday before we left on Tuesday. It is amazing coffee. And I am not exaggerating. And the atmosphere is unparalleled.